Who: ages 4 through Third Grade
When: During the sermon at 8:30 and 11:00 Sunday services in the Fellowship Hall. This is the large room to the left of the Sanctuary as you enter the church.
What is it? The “word” portion of worship at an age-appropriate level for younger children; a time for younger congregants to fellowship, learn and experience the
Council oversight of the Children’s Church program is provided by the Council Representative for Worship & Music, Taylor Burton. He can be contacted at email@example.com
Children’s Church Resource Books
Children's Church Teachers Needed!
Children’s Church Returns this Fall with a New, Simplified Format. A group of Council members, education staff, and experienced volunteers recently put their heads together to make an even better way for children to experience God’s word during the sermon each week.
Now MLC’s kiddos just need volunteers like YOU to teach them.
Here’s what volunteers can expect this year:
- Children’s Church is open to children in Pre-K (or four years old) – 3rd Grade. Older children (Grades 6 – 8) are welcome to come as a “helper” with approval from that week’s leader.
- Curriculum and materials are provided – You only need to show up! You’ll get a reminder email with a link to a Google Doc detailing your upcoming lesson so you can prepare ahead of time if you wish.
- Volunteers will work on a rotating schedule, which means you’ll only miss the sermon one Sunday every two months.
- No more snacks! We will no longer be serving snacks during Children’s Church to keep within the 15-minute time limit and to avoid allergy concerns.
- Children’s Church will last roughly the length of the sermon (max. 15 minutes). You will lead the children out during the hymn after the Gospel and release them before/during the offering.