Madison County collection site lists requested items through this Friday, Oct 26
Madison County Commissioners are working together this week to collect items for hurricane relief. Items include bottled water, nonperishable food, buckets, bleach, toiletries, bar soap, paper towels, shampoo/conditioner, adult diapers, baby diapers, pet kennels, leashes, collars, air freshener, and sponges.
The drop off location is at 100 Plaza Boulevard in Madison. Hours are Tuesday, October 23- Friday, October 26 (8 a.m.- 4 p.m.).
ELCA 2018 Hurricane Response Information
The following information can also be found at:
Please pray for people who have been affected by hurricanes. May God’s healing presence give them peace and hope in their time of need.
Gifts designated to “Hurricane Response” will be used to assist those affected by these hurricanes until the response is complete.
To learn more about the situation and the ELCA’s response:
- Share this bulletin insert for Hurricane Michael with your congregation and encourage support.
- Sign up to receive Lutheran Disaster Response alerts.
- Check the Lutheran Disaster Response blog.
- Like Lutheran Disaster Response on Facebook and follow @ELCALDR on Twitter.
Thrivent Financial Announces Hurricane Response:
We received this email below from Thrivent Financial on 10/23/2018. Thrivent Financial is not affiliated with Messiah Lutheran Church. I have included this information because Messiah does have Thrivent Financial Members who support MLC ministries through Thrivent’s Action Team dollars.
Our thoughts are with the victims affected by Hurricanes Florence and Michael.
When disaster strikes, Christians look for ways to help those who are in need, whether it means lending a helping hand or making a monetary donation.
In addition to relief efforts your church may be involved with, Thrivent members and others can help hurricane victims in the following ways:
- Donate. Thrivent will match up to $1 million in personal donations made through Thrivent.com to specific disaster relief organizations helping with the recovery efforts. Thrivent will pay the processing fees for these donations, so 100 percent goes to help*. Eligible members can also direct Thrivent Choice Dollars®.
- Volunteer. Thrivent members can share their time and talent to help with recovery efforts by leading a Thrivent Action Team.
Visit the Disaster Response page on Thrivent.com for details on these opportunities and to see the list of organizations included in the match. Also, if it’s appropriate, please consider running the following in your church’s newsletter, bulletin, website or on social media:
Thrivent members pray for those who have been affected by Hurricanes Florence and Michael. Thrivent – a membership organization of Christians – is mobilizing its financial resources and members to help those in need. Thrivent members and others who want to help with recovery efforts are encouraged to visit Thrivent.com to learn more.
We thank you and your church for continuing to support hurricane victims as you’re financially or physically able. Your commitment to living generously is appreciated.