The following questions will be used to help draft the Ministry Site Profile (MSP) to describe Messiah Lutheran Church as it is currently, and as we would like to see it in the future. The MSP serves as the résumé for Messiah Lutheran Church as we move to call our next pastor.
These questions should stimulate your thoughts about Messiah; feel free to expand on your ideas and write as little or as much as you want. Even if you have time for only one sentence per question, or do not want to answer all questions, your voice is important. We need as much input as possible.
Your answers can be returned one of three ways:
a.) the online form at https://form.jotform.com/MLCmadison/msp-questionnaire-pt1
b.) typed up in this Word document template and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
c.) in written form and dropped off at the office. Paper copies are available there if you need it.
Your name must be included with all submissions. Anonymous responses will not be accepted. Names will be known only by office staff. All names will be removed from the responses before they are transmitted to the Transition Team. Please return your responses before Monday, July 4, 2022.
- What are you most excited about at Messiah (other than calling our next pastor)?
- What do you cherish about worship at Messiah Lutheran Church? Why?
- Why is Messiah here? What is our purpose?
- What are Messiah’s top three assets and resources?
- What are Messiah’s top three mission priorities?
- List five areas that you would like to see our next pastor focus on in his/her first year at Messiah.
- List five ways you will support and encourage our next pastor in his/her first year at Messiah.
- Would you be in favor of adding additional ordained staff at Messiah in the next few years? Why, or why not?
- In what ways do you see Messiah as a member of the ELCA at the national and synod level?
- Please feel free to add any additional thoughts on areas not covered by these questions.
Visit www.mlutheran.org/pastoral-transition-resource-page/ or contact John Shriver or Rebecca Mast at email@example.com if you have any questions.