On Saturday May 7th, Messiah Lutheran Church conducted it’s annual On Eagle’s Wings Auction. The master of ceremonies and head auctioneer was Ken Grant. He did a fantastic job of keeping the evening lively and keeping the auction items moving. All of the proceeds from this event will be used to support the On Eagles Wings mission.
On Eagle’s Wings serves more than 30 remote communities in the Northwest Territories and Nunavut from a base in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories. The people of the Northwest Territories and Nunavut are Inuit, Metis and First Nations people who come from five different tribal backgrounds. On Eagle’s Wings:
- is Christ-centered, ecumenical, theologically faithful to our denominational backgrounds and sensitive to the cultures and diverse traditions of northern Christians
- provides pastoral care to individuals and groups living in remote northern communities
- identifies, trains, encourages and mentors northern Christians for leadership and ministry within their own cultural and denominational traditions
- maintains a ministry staff that reflects the denominational diversity of the aboriginal and non-aboriginal people of the North
- is an ecumenical partnership of northern and southern Christians working together to proclaim Jesus Christ and serve the Church
- provides counselling, worship and Bible study opportunities for northern Christians
- provides Christian education programs for families, children, women and men
- produces Christ-centered Christian education curriculum for use in northern churches and homes
- is a network of prayer, spiritual, financial and human resource support of Christian people throughout North America
- reflects our core values of Respect, Integrity, Stewardship and Ecumenism
If you would like to learn more about the On Eagle’s Wings Mission, please contact Lois Graff or the Church Office.