Our Thrivent Builds with Habitat for Humanity Project is coming along nicely and everything is on schedule. The Johnson family is really getting excited as they are seeing the home they have dreamed about for so long becoming a reality. Here are some of the highlights of the progress so far:
• Roof—tar paper is all on, drip edge done, roofers finished shingling today
• Brick pockets are done, ready for brick to be installed
• Pull-down staircase is done
• Platform for AC is built
• Front door is in as well as all the windows
• Back door concrete work is done, back door will be installed Thursday
• Porch is built
• Vinyl starter strips are done; J channel will be finished Thursday
• Hurricane clips, blocking, and deadwood done
• Bird boxes are built; baffles installed
• Rough-in plumbing is complete
• Gable ends have vinyl up; volunteers from Heath, OH, helped with that
• Gable bracing done
• International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers will rough in the electrical/HVAC on Sat. Once approved,
insulation will be installed. Plans are to insulate the garage ceiling, walls, and door.
• Work for Saturday includes vinyl installation, soffits, and fascia, utilizing multiple teams
• Side walks and patio will be poured soon
Construction of this home will continue through June. Please consider joining us on a Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday. No special skill, training or tools are required. For more information, please contact Susan Burrer or Gerard deJong.
Thrivent Builds with Habitat for Humanity is a homebuilding and advocacy alliance between Thrivent Financial for Lutherans and Habitat for Humanity. This alliance seeks to increase Habitat’s capacity to build more homes and promote donations, volunteerism, and worldwide homebuilding trips by Thrivent Financial for Lutherans’ members.